Harness & Fall Arrest Operation
Max Number of Delegates: 1 – 10
Duration: 1⁄2 Day
Length of Certification: 3 Years
Who Should Attend
This programme is designed for Employees, Supervisors and Managers working at height in various scenarios or for those who supervise at height activities and use fall arrest systems and the associated harnesses.
This course will provide you with the basic skills, knowledge and information to safely carry out safe and effective working at height tasks using fall arrest systems and the associated harnesses.
A proportion of hands-on demonstrations and practical exercises, supplemented with classroom based tutorials. Students will be required to demonstrate their new skills in a range of scenarios using fall arrest systems and the associated harnesses.
Driver CPC Approved
NO, this is NOT a Driver CPC approved course
- Relevant legislation
- What are the hazards
- Duty of care
- Risk assessments and safe systems of work
- What is considered as working at height
- Understanding the equipment used and identify key components
- Select suitable types of harness
- Conduct material, label and last date tested checks
- Correctly fit and remove the harness
- Demonstrate the correct procedures for using a fall arrest
- Safety signs and signals
- Storage of harness and fall arrest systems when not in use
- Practical assessment
This training can be carried out at clients’ premises but a full fall arrest system and harnesses must be available, tested and in date. Training can also be undertaken at COTS’ fully equipped training centre in Swansea.