Hook Loader Training
Max Number of Delegates: 3 candidates per course
Duration: 1 Day
Length of Certification: 3 Years
Accreditation: COTS or NPORS
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for anyone wishing to undertake formal training in Hook Loader loading/unloading operations and driving in confined areas.
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the hazards and risks associated with incorrect procedures when loading and unloading, driving/reversing in confined areas. To have a working knowledge of various manoeuvring techniques of the vehicle.
A high proportion of hands-on demonstration and practical exercises, supplemented with classroom briefing sessions and tutorials.
No, this is NOT a Driver CPC approved course.
- Conduct pre operational checks Functions of the vehicle Accident statistics
- To Locate and identify the major components of the vehicle and explain its functions
- Load limits
- Changes in laden and unladen vehicle characteristics
- Demonstrate work related tasks
- Configure the vehicle for travel on the public highway
- Pick up and deposit containers of various sizes and weights
- Check for hazards when collecting and depositing containers
- Post work checks
This course must be delivered using your own vehicle at your own premises.