Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a construction environment
Max Number of Delegates: 6
Duration: 1 Day
Accreditation: Highfield ABC
Subject & Learning Outcomes
This Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a construction environment (QCF) provides a practical summary of health, safety, welfare and environment issues identifying individual responsibilities for looking after yourself and others, what the employer’s duties are and what should be done if they think anyone’s health and safety is being put at risk. This qualification is aimed at learners who currently work, or want to work in construction, who need a CSCS Labourers Green card.
Training / Assessment and Testing
All assessment is via a 40 question multiple choice examination (paper-based) lasting one hour.
* Learners will also need to pass the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test to get the Green card.
Successful completion of this qualification will enable learners to apply for the Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) Green Card, which allows access to construction sites in the UK as a non-skilled worker.
- Introduction and registration
- General Responsibilities
- Health & Welfare Introduced
- Working at Height
- Manual Handling
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) Handheld Equipment & Tools
- Site Transport Safety
- Accident Prevention Reporting Noise & Vibration
- Hazardous Substances Electrical Safety
- Emergency Procedures & First Aid Fire Protection & Control
- Theory Test (multiple choice)
Training conditions are classroom based with:
- The minimum entry requirement is a good understanding of spoken and written English
- Course manual, notepads, etc are provided