LOLER and PUWER Awareness (Novice)
Max Number of Delegates: 6
Duration: 1 Day
Accreditation: COTS Certificate
Subject & Learning Outcomes
This course gives an insight into the requirements of The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER) and The Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER). Participants will have a full understanding of what they must do to comply with the PUWER and LOLER regulations and how this impacts on their work place to an In House standard
Training conditions are classroom based in which:
- The minimum entry requirement is a good understanding of spoken and written English
- Course manual, notepads, etc are provided
Training/Assessment and Testing:
Candidates will be continuously assessed and will have to complete an end-of-course multiple-choice test.
Successful training and test outcomes from this training will result in an In-House certificate.
- Introduction and registration the main requirements of LOLER
- Equipment that comes under the scope of the regulations
- Inspection and testing of equipment Duties of hirers of equipment Record keeping
- Training of operators of such equipment the main requirements of PUWER Maintenance of equipment
- Isolation switches Permit to work systems Record keeping
- Training of operators of such equipment
- Miscellaneous items such as ventilation, location of equipment etc.
- The tie up with other regulations such as COSHH
- Theory Assessment Feedback and close