M2 – Traffic Law – LGV
Who Should Attend
Drivers with “acquired rights” (sometimes known as “grandfather rights”) who passed their test before September 2009 (LGV).
Drivers who need to acquire 7 hours towards their 35 hours of periodic training.
To provide delegates with a knowledge and understanding of the graduated fixed penalty and OCRS systems. To remind drivers of certain legal restrictions on LGV/PSVs. To consider the driving licence system, its categories, restrictions and requirements. To refresh knowledge of the Highway Code and to understand the requirement for a daily vehicle check by drivers.
A classroom based course supplemented with tutorials and videos.
Driver CPC Approved
Yes – 7 Hours (course M2)
- Accreditation: JAUPT
- Classroom – COTS Premises: 20 : 1
- Classroom – Client Premises: 15 : 1
- Requirements of and exemptions from Driver CPC
- The practical effects of the Operator licensing system
- The classification and requirements of the driver licensing system
- Medicals and other requirements of the driver licensing system
- Drink/drug driving
- The Graduated Fixed Penalty system The OCRS system
- The use of seat belts and mobile phones The Trade licence system
- The Highway Code
- Vehicle maximum weights, lengths and projecting loads
- The daily vehicle check
In order to claim Driver Certificate of Professional Competence credit, delegates attending this course must have a valid licence for categories C, C1, C1+E, C+E, and must present a driving licence when attending the course.
COTS are fully approved by JAUPT to deliver Driver CPC periodic training.