Operational Management Support
Commercial Operator Training Solutions Ltd are specialists in advising clients on any matter relating to Operator Licensing, driver and commercial training and tachograph analysis. Our services extend to offering an interim Operational Support Package, either in the way of short term help or guidance in getting your systems to the required standard or ongoing monthly support by a fully qualified CPC holder.
- Nominated Transport Managers in both the LGV and PSV sectors.
We help you put systems in place for:
- Full “O” licence support for any changes that are required;
- Support for staff to ensure they understand the complex legislation for operating commercial vehicles;
- Tachograph issue/retrieval system, vehicle and driver card download matrix setup;
- Tachograph analysis, including infringement reports and missing mileage reports. This can include driver interviews and infringement report sign off;
- Comprehensive periodic Operator licence audits to ensure all the procedures are being kept up to date and that the systems are being adhered to by all the staff. This is a critical document to ensure the business remains protected and that the owners/directors have a way of measuring improvements and dealing with areas of weakness. These audits can also be used to support any Quality Assurance accreditation the business may hold or seek;
- Assistance and guidance to ensure your driver handbook reflects the changing legislation;
- Issuing relevant memos to drivers and staff whilst going through any change processes. Updating notice boards to ensure staff are kept advised of relevant changes; and
- Recruitment policy and CV sifting, interviewing drivers ready for induction to include first two modules of Driver CPC M1 & M2 (drivers’ hours and traffic law). Placing adverts and filtering calls through our office, cutting down on calls to your business.
- Setup systems to monitor the maintenance planner and vehicle files;
- Notification of service, MOT, tax and calibration due dates;
- Implement and monitor nil defect system, focusing on major reduction in damage and prohibitable items; and
- Debrief reports completed daily by office staff, monitored with KPI’s presented to directors, to include MPG figures, trip mileage, drivers’ hours monitoring and vehicle damage.
Health & Safety
Full depot audit and report with the aim to develop a schedule of risk assessments and methods of working over time. Enhancing a range of specific risk assessments that would allow a “reality check” of the business. These assessments may also assist commercially if looking to grow the business, and financially in reducing the risk of accidents and possible claims.