Plant Loader & Securer
Max Number of Delegates: 3 candidates per course
Duration: 1 Day
Length of Certification: 3 Years
Accreditation: COTS or NPORS
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for anyone wishing to undertake formal training and a qualification in loading and securing plant to the correct type of low loader.
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the hazards associated with incorrect procedures when operating the equipment. To give consideration to best practice securing methods and to have a working knowledge of various manoeuvring techniques of the vehicle and plant operated.
A high proportion of hands-on demonstration and practical exercises, supplemented with classroom briefing sessions and tutorials.
Driver CPC Approved
NO, this is NOT a Driver CPC approved course
- Health & Safety at Work Act
- Accident statistics
- Conduct pre operational checks
- Configure the trailer ready for loading or unloading
- Consider the risks i.e. overhead cables, the weight of the equipment and the ground used
- Load or direct items of plant onto and off the transporting vehicle
- Demonstrate the various methods of securing plant items
- Secure plant for travel on the public highway
- Post work checks
This course can be delivered at a clients’ site with the necessary equipment – it is important that a relevant trailer and plant equipment large enough to cover each of the above areas is supplied.