Safe Use of Stepladders and Ladders
Max Number of Delegates: 1 – 10
Duration: 1⁄2 Day
Length of Certification: 3 Years
Who Should Attend
This programme is designed for Employees, Supervisors and Managers working at height in various scenarios or for those who supervise at height activities using stepladders or ladders.
This course will provide you with the basic skills, knowledge and information to safely carry out safe and effective working at height tasks when using stepladders or ladders.
A proportion of hands-on demonstrations and practical exercises, supplemented with classroom based tutorials. Students will be required to demonstrate their new skills in a range of scenarios.
Driver CPC Approved
NO, this is NOT a Driver CPC approved course
- Relevant legislation
- What are the hazards
- Duty of care
- Risk assessments and safe systems of work
- What is considered as working at height
- Correct security and angles when erecting a ladder
- Precautions of using a ladder in a public area
- Consider the main hazards encountered when erecting a ladder
- Consider overhead cables and the condition of the ground
- Dealing with emergencies
- Practical assessment
Delegates attending this course should be 18+ years and be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of this training.