Max Number of Delegates: 3 candidates per course
Duration: 2 Days
Length of Certification: 3 Years
Accreditation: COTS or NPORS
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for anyone wishing to undertake trailer shunting off road who does not hold a relevant Cat C or C+E licence.
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the hazards and risks associated with incorrect procedures when coupling and uncoupling and reversing with trailers or vehicles of varying sizes. To have a working knowledge of various manoeuvring techniques of the vehicle.
A high proportion of hands-on demonstration and practical exercises, supplemented with classroom briefing sessions and tutorials.
Driver CPC Approved
NO, this is NOT a Driver CPC approved course
- Conduct pre operational checks
- Functions of the vehicle
- Accident statistics
- To locate and identify the major components of the vehicle and trailer and explain their functions
- Load limits
- Changes in laden and unladen vehicle and trailer characteristics
- Demonstrate work related tasks
- Safe coupling and uncoupling procedures
- Post work checks
This course can be delivered using your own vehicle and trailer or COTS can supply our own Artic unit, trailer and training area.