Skip Lorry Operation
Max Number of Delegates: 3 candidates per course
Duration: 1 Day
Length of Certification: 3 Years
Accreditation: COTS or NPORS
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for anyone wishing to undertake formal training in Skip loading/unloading operations and driving in confined areas.
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the hazards and risks associated with incorrect procedures when loading and unloading skips and driving/ reversing in confined areas. To have a working knowledge of various manoeuvring techniques of the vehicle.
A high proportion of hands-on demonstration and practical exercises, supplemented with classroom briefing sessions and tutorials.
Driver CPC Approved
Yes this course is Driver CPC approved (M3) Safe Loading.
- Conduct pre operational checks
- Functions of the vehicle
- Accident statistics
- To locate and identify the major components of the vehicle and explain its functions
- Load limits
- Changes in laden and unladen vehicle characteristics
- Demonstrate work related tasks
- Configure the vehicle and skip for travel on the public highway
- Pick up and deposit skips of various sizes and weights
- Check for hazards when collecting and depositing skips
- Post work checks
This course can be delivered using your own vehicle at your own premises.